Kentucky suffered its worst loss to Vanderbilt in 96 years on Saturday, a 40-0 defeat at…
Gameday: UK vs. Vanderbilt
Saturday, Noon ET
Commonwealth Stadium, Lexington, KY.
Record: 1-8, 0-6 SEC
Ranking: Not ranked
Last game: L, 10-33 vs. Missouri (A)
Coach: Joker Phillips (Kentucky, 1986)
Record: 12-22 (Third season)
at UK: 12-22 (Third season)
vs. VU: 1-1
Series Record vs. Vanderbilt:
Overall: UK leads 41-39-4
in Lexington: UK leads 22-14-2
UK's last win over VU: 2010 (38-20)
UK's last win over VU in Lexington: 2010 (38-20)
Record: 4-4, 2-3 SEC
Ranking: Not ranked
Last game: W, 49-7 vs. UMass (H)
Coach: James Franklin (East Stroudsburg, 1995)
Record: 10-11 (Second season)
at VU: 10-11 (Second season)
vs. UK: 1-0
9/02 at #25 Louisville (ESPN) L, 14-32
9/08 Kent State (CSS) W, 47-14
9/15 Western Kentucky (ESPNU) L, 31-32
9/22 at #14 Florida * (SEC Network) L, 0-38
9/29 #6 South Carolina * (ESPN2) L, 17-38
10/06 #20/19 Mississippi State * L, 14-27
10/13 at Arkansas * (FSN) L, 7-49
10/20 #13/12 Georgia * - (FSN) L, 24-29
10/27 at Missouri * (ESPNU) L, 10-33
11/03 VANDERBILT * (ESPNU) Noon
11/17 SAMFORD - Senior Day TBA
11/24 at Tennessee * TBA
8/30 South Carolina L, 17-13
9/08 at Northwestern L, 23-13
9/15 Presbyterian W, 58-0
9/22 at Georgia L, 48-3
10/06 at Missouri W, 19-15
10/13 Florida L, 31-17
10/20 Auburn W, 17-13
10/27 UMass W, 49-7
11/03 at Kentucky Noon ET
11/10 at Ole Miss TBA
11/17 Tennessee TBA
11/24 at Wake Forest TBA
TV • ESPNU>
Play-by-Play Clay Matvick
Analyst Matt Stinchcomb
Sideline Allison Williams
RADIO • UK IMG SPORTS NETWORK
Play-by-Play Tom Leach
Analyst Jeff Piecoro
Sideline Dick Gabriel
Channel 123 – Sirius
Channel 201- XM
INTERNET/RADIO • www.UKathletics.com
WILDCAT KEYS TO THE GAME:
When Kentucky has the ball… The Cats have to find a way to obtain balance in their offense against a solid Vanderbilt defense that ranks among the national leaders in passing defense and scoring defense, but hasn't forced many turnovers this season. If UK can run the ball effectively like it did against Georgia and the first two series last week at Missouri (and hang on to the football) the Cats could make things interesting. Without a few more plays down the field in the passing attack from Jalen Whitlow and Patrick Towles, however, the UK offense will likely struggle to sustain drives and put points on the board.
When Vanderbilt has the ball… Running back Zac Stacy has been the top rusher this season for the Dores, gaining 683 yards on 131 carries. Quarterback Jordan Rodgers, the younger brother of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, has been impressive this season, completing 58.9 percent of his passes for 1,458 yards and five touchdowns. His favorite receiver has been Jordan Matthews, who has 56 catches for 775 yards and three touchdowns. It's a balanced Vandy offensive attack that doesn't have game-breakers, but will be a big test for a UK defense that has struggled all season long.
Senior wide receiver La'Rod King has 1,620 career receiving yards and needs 41 more to tie Randall Cobb for sixth place on the UK career list. He also has 17 career touchdowns and needs one more to tie Derek Abney and Dicky Lyons Jr. for third on UK's career TD list.
• Senior offensive lineman Larry Warford and junior linebacker Avery Williamson have earned game captain status for the Vanderbilt matchup.
• Through games of Oct. 27, Kentucky had played the toughest schedule in the nation, according to the Anderson and Hester ratings a component of the BCS rankings. (UK also was No. 1 in the Colley Matrix through Oct. 20 but had not been updated as of this writing.) The teams that have played Kentucky have a combined record of 56-17 this season (.767), a record which improves to 51-12 (.810) when you subtract the games UK's opponents have played against each other.
• UK is fifth in the nation for most true freshmen played with 14, only two behind the national leader. Of Kentucky's 80 recruited scholarship players, 55 are freshmen or sophomores.
• UK freshman punter Landon Foster ranks seventh in the SEC and 31st nationally in punting, averaging 42.6 yards per punt. As a team, UK ranks 30th in net punting (39.3 net yards per punt).
• UK is 9-2 under Joker Phillips in games that the Wildcats win the turnover margin.
FightinGators.com Recommended Stories
Defense dominates Eastern Kentucky
The Florida defense didn’t give up a first down until the Colonels’ fourth drive of the game, giving the offense time to settle in while the Gators dominated the line of scrimmage.Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Week 12 Key Matchups
Dr. Roto highlights each and every game upcoming for Week 12 and a Fantasy matchup to monitor within. Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon (pictured above) makes his return against the less-than-stellar…Read More
Muschamp wouldn’t let them quit
It has never been about effort for Will Muschamp’s teams at Florida. Some have focused on losing a game to Georgia Southern a year ago and how that should never happen and that is a valid point. Some…Read More
Gators bowl eligible with 52-3 win over EKU
The memories of their last game in The Swamp will be sweet for Florida’s 22 seniors and for outgoing head football coach Will Muschamp. Both the seniors and Muschamp started their Florida careers in…Read More
OU's Perine rushes into record books
Norman has seen a lot of special days, but few will compare to what Samaje Perine did Saturday in rushing for 427 yards and five touchdowns.Read More
- Game Thread: E Kentucky at Florida 11/22 12 p.m. SEC Network
- Mike Gundy Heating up....
- Let me paint you a picture…..Crazy to Think??
- Before you predict anything might want to look at these Salaries
- Hollywood Bob’s Midnight Madness (11/17)