- Two big commitments came Saturday when Notre Dame landed Scout 300 defensive end Andrew Trumbetti and Virginia got a commitment from four-star offensive tackle Steven Moss.
Trumbetti, a four-star defensive end from Northern Valley Demarest (N.J.) High, grew up an Irish fan and committed during an unofficial visit to campus. He was also giving heavy consideration to Florida and had Stanford in his final three as well, but he was long a Notre Dame lean.
Moss, the No. 7 offensive tackle in the class, gives the Cavaliers a second big-time in-state pickup. The Chancellor High (Fredericksburg, Va.) standout joins five-star safety Quin Blanding of Bayside High (Virginia Beach, Va.) as the first two in Virginia's 2014 class.
- Florida State came to the northeast for a quarterback for the second time in three years. After getting Sean Maguire out of New Jersey in the 2012 class, the Seminoles landed Central Catholic High (Pittsburgh) quarterback J.J. Cosentino.
- Middletown (De.) High four-star receiver Chris Godwin recently picked up an offer from West Virginia, and he is in the process of finalizing his visit schedule.
- Aliquippa (Pa.) High four-star cornerback Dravon Henry named a top four of West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Ohio State and Penn State, but he cited the relationship he has with the staff at each school as a major reason.
However, Henry said other schools can come into play, and it wasn't a final four. He added he wanted to make a decision after his senior season.
- Paramus (N.J.) Catholic five-star cornerback Jabrill Peppers will make a trio of visits in the coming weeks as he travels to Michigan (April 3), Ohio State (April 5) and LSU (April 12).
Meanwhile, teammate Juwann Bushell-Beatty, who picked up an offer from Tennessee during the week, will also be at Michigan and Ohio State with Peppers. Bushell-Beatty is also slated to visit Wisconsin on April 19, but the visit details need to be finalized.
- Millville (N.J.) High defensive tackle Antoine White visited Maryland and Rutgers this spring and said at this point Rutgers is atop his list, but he not ready to make a decision yet.
White said he wants to visit other schools, and one is UCF. He is set to visit there May 30.
- Offers keep rolling in for Washington (Pa.) High four-star running back Shai McKenzie. He recently added offers from Oklahoma, Georgia, Virginia Tech and South Carolina to push his total to 30, but he said he hasn't trimmed his list and doesn't have a long visit schedule set up.
However, McKenzie did say he was likely to visit Georgia, Georgia Tech and Florida State in June.
- Offensive guard Courtel Jenkins, who had an early verbal offer from Pittsburgh, transferred from St. Anthony High (Jersey City, N.J.) to DePaul Catholic High (Wayne, N.J.). Jenkins said the transfer took place because he moved, and it should also increase his visibility in recruiting.
- DeMatha Catholic linebacker JaWhaun Bentley picked up his sixth offer when Rutgers extended one during the week. He also has offers from Iowa, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Virginia and UMass and is coming off a junior season in which he made 113 tackles, including 24 behind the line of scrimmage.
- St. Peter's Prep (Jersey City, N.J.) running back Jonathan Hilliman was planning to make trips to Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Michigan State and North Carolina.
- Coatesville (Pa,) High linebacker Tyler Burke will be making visits this week, and it will begin with a Thursday trip to Maryland. He will be at Rutgers on Saturday and is also hoping to visit Pittsburgh and Wisconsin. Both recently extended offers.
- The Gilman School (Baltimore) four-star running back Troy Vincent Jr. made a cross-country trip to California to check out the Bears' spring game. He told FOXSportsNEXT going to school on the other side of the country would be tough, but he was open to the idea.
- Bergen Catholic High (Oradell, N.J.) four-star tight end Garrett Dickerson said he is visiting Stanford next weekend and will be at Northwestern on April 12-13 for a recruiting trip and to watch his brother, Cameron, play in the Wildcats' spring game. He added trips to Maryland, Michigan and Boston College are also possible this spring or summer.
- Ramapo (N.J.) High defensive end Jimmy Hogan pushed his offer total to four when Connecticut extended one. He also has offers from Massachusetts, UCF and Rutgers.
Hogan will visit UConn on March 30 and will be at Rutgers on April 6.
- Cedar Cliff High (Camp Hill, Pa.) quarterback Andrew Ford made a visit to Virginia at the end of the week, and although he didn't get an offer, he did receive promising news.
"(Offensive coordinator and quarterbacks) coach (Steve) Fairchild said all they have to do is come see me throw in person after April 15" before offering," Ford said.
Ford, who has offers from Temple and UMass, will be at Boston College on Thursday and at Rutgers on Saturday. He is planning a visit to Temple on April 13.
- DeMatha Catholic running back Taiwan Deal picked up a Vanderbilt offer and said he was going to make spring visits to Vanderbilt, Wisconsin, Boston College and Iowa. He holds an offer from all but Wisconsin.
- St. Joseph's-Montvale (N.J.) offensive lineman Kevin Wilkins, who holds a Rutgers offer, said he is still working on dates for visits, but he is tentatively set to visit Maryland at some point in the coming week. He is also working on a trip to Penn State and plans on taking in a spring practice at Rutgers as well.
- Dunmore (Pa.) High offensive tackle James McHale is still looking for his first offer, but he did set a number of visits. McHale will visit Michigan State (April 9), Ohio State (April 11) and UConn (April 20).
- Southern Regional High (Manahawkin, N.J.) receiver Mike Gesicki visited Notre Dame over the weekend but did not receive an offer but assistant coach Bob Diaco is slated to visit the school during the spring evaluation period.
"Coach (Diaco) said he's coming down to my school in May and we can talk more about it then," Gesicki said.
He said he will visit Penn State either later this month or in early April. He already visited Rutgers and Wisconsin, and said the Scarlet Knights, Penn State and Wisconsin were standing out.
- Vanderbilt Friendly High (Fort Washington, Md.) cornerback Alameen Murphy, and also extended one to Gateway High (Monroeville, Pa.) cornerback Anthony Davis. Previously, Vanderbilt offered Gateway safety Montae Nicholson.
- Bergen Catholic High linebacker Cameron Queiro will spend a week in the Carolinas visiting schools. He said he will visit North Carolina, Wake Forest, Duke and North Carolina State when he is down there.
He holds offers from Northwestern (his brother, Kyle, signed there), Pittsburgh and Vanderbilt.
- Cardinal O'Hara High (Springfield, Pa.) receiver Thadd Smith added an offer from James Madison during a visit to campus.
- Governor Mifflin High (Shillington, Pa.) two-way lineman Connor Morehart visited Temple on Saturday and will be at Michigan State on April 13. He added he also plans on visiting Wisconsin, Boston College, Connecticut and UMass this spring.
"It was fun to see a fast-paced practice," Morehart said.
He holds offers from Rutgers and UMass.
As a junior, Shai McKenzie rushed for over 2,700 yards and 42 touchdowns, averaging over 12 yards a…